Hello Friends and Members of Trinity Presbyterian Church NY,
We have been successfully meeting digitally since this time of interruption began last March, and at our in-person service since last August. It has been wonderful to hear all the positive feedback we’re received regarding our online service and to have seen so many people face-to-face these past few months. It is certainly difficult and sometimes confusing times we live in, and we want you all to know that your pastors are praying for you and would like nothing more to hear from you and to meet with you as you need us.
As we enter into the early spring, we will soon be moving our services back outside – weather permitting. The gathering time and the length of service will remain the same, but our services still require some additional precautions for those who attend in order to maintain the highest levels of safety we can provide as we seek to worship God and to show love and concern for the health and welfare of one another.
We believe that the Bible provides clear and repeated commands for us to submit to the laws and directives of our civil authorities, provided those laws and directives are not contrary to the clear and explicit teachings of Scripture (see 1 Peter 2:13-3:1; Romans 13:1-6; Matt. 22:15-22; Titus 3:1-2; Acts 4:13-22). Since we find nothing in Scripture that teaches that wearing masks and social distancing during worship are sinful, we believe it is honoring to God and loving to others for our people to respect the social distancing and mask directives.
We believe that the reason our congregation has been shielded so much from this disease is that God has graciously moved our people to respond to the virus with wisdom and prudence, showing love for others and respect for the guidelines that have been established by the public officials the Lord has placed over us.
Please know that Trinity Church continues to monitor the COVID-19 updates closely and the implications for our church community and our Westchester neighbors. The leadership will be assessing our live-meeting status each month and will make changes based upon both government guidelines and other factors.
- Our Online Video and Audio Services Are Continuing: Thank you for all your feedback and support as we continue to offer our online services. These will continue to be our primary service offering for the foreseeable future, until it is safe to gather. We are so glad so many of you are worshipping with us and are very thankful to the staff who are working hard to provide these formats.
- Sunday Outdoor Worship Will Resume March 28th: We will begin our outdoor services again, beginning on Palm Sunday, March 28th. If weather becomes a factor, we will move our services inside. If you are interested in attending, know that attendance is limited to 80. Please sign up through our website for more information, and if you would like to volunteer we would love to have your help!
- In-Person Small Groups: We recommend that all groups meet virtually over Zoom or other platforms unless live meetings can be accomplished safely and in accordance with COVID19 protocols. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding meetings that may be happening in person at this time.
- In-Person Children’s Ministry Gatherings Cancelled: Chloe and our teachers have been gathering online with our kids for these many weeks and it has been wonderful for all who have attended. If you have any questions regarding the children’s ministry, please contact her through the website.
So, please do take a look at our “Connect Online” page for updates on Sunday services, small group information, and online prayer opportunities. And please take a moment to stay connected to us on Instagram or Facebook by liking us and following us there. There are a number of groups and events happening through social media by our pastors and staff.
Also, if you would like to meet or speak with a pastor for counsel or prayer, feel free to call the church office at 914-967-6247 and choose from the voice menu who you wish to speak to. You can also use the church website Contact form and your request will be forwarded to them.
We also encourage you to be there for one another, and want to assist you in doing so that we might BE the church God intends us to be:
- This crisis presents us with an opportunity to share God’s love by helping those in need in our church and county.
- Click here for our Volunteer Form
- As a result of the current crisis, have you found yourself in a situation where you would benefit from receiving help (errands, transportation, childcare, etc).
- Click here for our Needs Form
- Please consider to continue to give financially to our church so we can best care for you, our staff, and our neighbors.
- Click here for our Giving Online
Know that we are praying for you and that you are not alone. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us or any of our elders, deacons, deaconesses.
Pastors Craig, Mark, and Steve